It so happens that when one has watched countless Bollywood films, one starts believing in certain impossible things. For example:
- Honesty will always be rewarded in the end.
- Your long lost friend, brother, mother will come back to you (if not in this life, then in the next)
- True love never ends, never, no exceptions.
- Truth and love at all costs.
- Fate is unpredictable (but, in the end, errs towards the good)
- The wheel of fortune continues to spin – what is up comes down, what is down goes up.
The list can go on, of course, but I think this is enough to illustrate how ridiculous, how utterly ludicrous these beliefs are, for obviously we know that life doesn’t work in these ways, it’s much more nuanced, its shades sometimes hardly discernible.
A pity, so, that I will die a fool.